John and Frances Howe’s Marriage License
Students of Architectural Preservation at Notre Dame are developing a National Register nomination for the Original Howe House, more recently known as The Vicarage. Our Association has been providing them information about the building.
Researcher Elizabeth Kromkowski found the Howe marriage license on ancestry.com and team member Elena Ezzo gave us permission to post it here. The Rt. Rev. Carleton Chase, who married John and Frances Howe in 1846, had been consecrated Bishop of New Hampshire in Philadelphia two years prior. He was also serving as Rector of Trinity Church, Claremont, after his consecration. John Howe’s father was an Episcopal priest. Our Association is happy to help Howe researchers keep the legacy alive.